Monday, August 21, 2006

It's come to the point...


...where I need to wear one of these around my neck, or strapped to my person somewhere, AT ALL TIMES. I literally couldn't figure out what day it was this morning--hours after I'd woken up and already had some coffee. Every week I work all three of the possible shifts that exist, and right now I'm in the midst of a 14-day-straight stretch. I know: that's nothing compared to being deployed for months at a time or working the 3rd shift exclusively for a 20-year career. But kids, it's still a rough gig, and the only one I have, so give me my moment to kvetch about it, 'kay?

I've managed to work in some good down time, including drinks (Friday) and ice cream (Saturday) with Erin D. and BLang. Also, the great Suzi bachelorette was Saturday night and man, what a classy shindig. Calling it a b-rette is really a misnomer because there was not a ribbon, faux-veil, or penis straw in sight. Instead Suz contracted to have a chef from Chef Geoff's, a sous-chef from same and a bartender who all came into to her home and made us sushi and Asian tapas, and the most amazing drinks. The guys showed us how to make a lot of the offerings on the menu and I got schooled repeatedly on over-reaching with my wraps and rolls. My eyes were bigger than a dragon's, what can I say? The thing I loved most about it was meeting all of the women who are important to Suzi (with some noted geographically-unavailable absences KRISTIN) that I've heard so much about over the years. All smart, funny, beautiful specimens and being in their company was a breath of fresh air. I'm looking forward to the wedding that much more knowing I get to party down with them all again.

Yesterday before heading into work I met Julie and Steve for a jaunt to Del Ray. Steve had gone on and on and on about the sangria sorbet at Dairy Godmother which lived up to the hype (they also have lemon ginger and green tea flavors, to show you how eclectic it can get) and then we found Artfully Chocolate just around the corner, opened just 3 weeks ago. Nothing like lots and lots of sugar before work. But it helped my bachelorette hangover so that's all we need to know about that.

Is it autumn yet? I seriously think that starting school will calm things down for me, and it can't come soon enough.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home