Wednesday, August 09, 2006

I wish he was the Arlington troubadour


Grant-Lee Phillips, acoustic guitarist and soulful singer, cameo Gilmore Girls roving musician of Stars Hollow, and my entertainment last night at Iota. Pam and I walked down for the 8:30 show and I fell instantly in love with the venue. Warm, cozy, friendly, with 2 bars so you're never far from a frosty beverage, nowhere is a bad place to stand, and I had room to groove a bit to the sweet, sweet tunes. He played old standards and some of his awesome new stuff--covers of 80s tunes by, for instance, New Order, Psychedelic Furs, the Pixies, and the Church. If you love me you'll just happen to leave a copy of the new album on my doorstep. I'm out of town until Sunday so you can drop it by and I will be totally surprised. Thank you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home