Thursday, October 21, 2004

"America!...Fuck yeah!"

So goes a line from the feel-good theme song to "Team America" which I saw last night. Kids. SO FUNNY. Can I just tell you? The puppets' body movements slayed me, their costumes and armaments were hilarious, the sets were intricate and heavy on the details, and the songs, MY GOD the songs. Like Kim Jong Il singing out how he's all alone and "so rone-ree". I don't want to go into too much detail because being surprised by it made it that much funnier. Susie, Pam, and I were laughing out loud every 30 seconds for the duration of the film. They slam everyone, so whatever your politics you're sure to feel righteous and also offended. Now *that's* fair and balanced. Oh, and as for the sex scene, I want to know what they edited because what I saw seemed to pretty much cover the Kama Sutra. I don't know what's left to show, but apparently all will be answered by the DVD. So then, when I laugh 'til I think I'm gonna pee my pants, at least I'll be in the privacy of my own home.

[Oh! and one cool little aside: if you stay long enough to see the credits, you'll notice one of the 3 main puppeteers is a guy named Scott Land. He is my ex-brother-in-law. One of my brothers was married his sister. He's a master puppeteer and actor (he's been in commercials for years) and clearly his talents came in handy for this work of Art.]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home