Friday, June 16, 2006

Busy, busy bee

It's that time of year, when activities outnumber free hours and especially with no 'net access at work I have precious little time to blog. But I'm thinking of you, Dear Reader...I'm not ignoring you, avoiding you, or playing games with you. I mean, it's not like we're dating.

In the last week especially the schedule has gone into overdrive between working, Kristin's visit (which included forays to chez Suzi, Boulevard Woodgrill, Difficult Run Trail in Great Falls, and Little Viet Garden), and meeting the Susie bridesmaids at Carlyle Grand. I'm headed to Virginia Beach this weekend for the Shelbster's high school graduation, and then I'm barely around next week before I head to Montana. Seriously, I'm now booking myself into July and August because the opportunities for fun, they are many, but the time to have them, it is dwindling.

But the main reason I am here today is to wish two very special ladies a very wonderful 30th birthday. In no particular order (other than when I met them):

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, CORINNA!!** Corinna is my oldest friend, from high school, when we were...wait for it...on the flag squad of the marching band together. We also both made the excellent decision to attend W&M and so have been tizzzzight for over 15 years. Even though she chooses to make her home on the opposite side of the country, and I miss her terribly, I still think of her cruising around with me after we finished our shifts at TJ Maxx, looking for fun and trouble on the cruel streets of Harrisonburg. That is, when the car didn't get stuck behind a Mennonite horse and buggy.



HAPPY BIRTHDAY, GRACE!! Grace and I have only known each other a mere 10 years. On the windswept plains of Montpellier, France during a summer abroad we joined forces to loathe and talk shit about everything French and, in general, European going on around us. Hate is a powerful joining force and don't let anyone tell you differently. Vroom^2 was the first in what is now my pantheon of Asian friends and a better ambassador for her people is not to be found anywhere else. She moves back to NYC at the end of this month and while I'm sad to see her go, it also means opening up a whole new geographical area in which we will sit, drink coffee, people-watch, and judge. Good times.

**Does not apply until her actual birthday, Sunday, June 18th.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home