Thursday, September 01, 2005

Boring grown-up FYIs

This morning I dealt with 2 important but crap-I'm-turning-into-a-grown-up things via the Internets. The first was getting a free copy of my credit report. As of today, September 1st, our area of the country is eligible for free reports from any or all of the 3 main reporting agencies. Pretty astonishing how fast and thorough that biz was, and good to see that I'm more or less where I thought I was.

The second thing I did was to go to this website and opt out of eligibility to ALL pre-approved credit card and insurance offers. You can elect to opt out for 5 years or permanently; you can also use the same site to make yourself eligible again if you need to. Super easy and fast, and it just means far less crap junk mail coming to the house and also a measure of safety since more than once I've not only gotten the letter telling me I'm approved for the card, but THE CARD HAS BEEN IN THE ENVELOPE TOO, meaning anyone could heist that shit and start a'spendin'.

Go on, be good. You know you don't have anything going on at work anyway.

Oh, and PS, last I checked I still couldn't get on the Mercy Corps or Red Cross websites. Anyone have other charitable organization suggestions?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home