Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Can you believe it's been 10 years since the OK City bombing? I was flabbergasted when I heard that this morning, not least because it means it's been 10 years since I was a freshman in college. Now THAT is a sobering thought. I remember very clearly exactly when I found out about the bombing, mainly because it shows how much of a clueless child I was. That first year at W&M I was in an unintentional media blackout. We had no TV, I didn't listen to news radio of any kind, and I didn't get any news magazines or the paper. The campus was so hermetically sealed that I could go for weeks without leaving the grounds and certainly without taking in knowledge of the outside world. So I had NO IDEA that the bombing had happened for something like 5 days, and then when I did read about it? It was in People magazine. How poor is that? Not Newsweek or the Economist, but a weekly goss rag. And now all that was 10 years ago. That's just crazy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home