Friday, January 07, 2005

Like it's Christmas every day

I got a couple of gift cards to bookstores this year, and I have to say, I am a HUGE fan. Now, don't get me wrong--I love the ritual of having an actual present, wrapped, there in front of me on Christmas morning. But the great thing about gift cards is that it keeps the joy coming long after the holiday ends. For instance, sometime today or tomorrow I will be receiving this and this from Barnes & Noble. And tonight, on my way home, I'm stopping off at Border's to buy this and this. These are things I've wanted but probably wouldn't have ponied up for by myself. Also, it lets me fill out gaps depending on what sort of DVDs and CDs I got on Christmas proper. They serve as little treats to myself in the grey weeks after the holidays end, and guarantees that whomever's card I'm using, the money was well-spent because I will want and LERV what I get. Win-win, baby.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home