Wednesday, September 01, 2004

OK, so the deal is that work has suddenly ramped way up. The semester doesn't start until next Thursday, but new student orientation is in full swing and it's my crunch time, hence not a lot of free blogging opportunities. Also, I'm going to Chicago tomorrow with Kristin, so packing and planning for that eats up the remainder of my waking hours (PS--sooo excited for the trip). That said, a couple quick things:

1. Has anyone seen this oh-my-goodness funny show on VH1 called "Arnold Schwarzenegger: A VH1 Popumentary"? I don't even know how to label it...it's part re-creation, part documentary, part mockumentary. Supposedly told on the eve of him being elected Governor in California, it uses archival footage interspersed with actors and reenactments. I happened upon it during a scene where they show Arnold in the late 1960s studying hard to fulfill his dreams. Studying hard...by reading pop-up books. ROTFL.

2. Does anyone else see something wrong with the fact that the New York Times footed the bill for the delegates at the RNC to attend Broadway shows on Sunday? To the tune of $600,000+. Perhaps this is standard and I'm just in the dark about it, but it seems like a conflict of interest. Did the Boston Globe do something similar for the DNC (seriously, I'm asking)?

3. Thank GOD that it's September. I am never sorry to see July and August end--my threshold to tolerate heat and humidity is well and truly nil by this time of year and I yearn for jeans-and-sweater weather. I love, love, love autumn, and even though I know September in the South can still be a bastard of a month, and Indian summer is out there somewhere as well, by now you can feel the change coming, and that makes me happy.

4. Whitney is a devil-woman for turning me on to the Food Network. She mentioned it the other night, I tuned in yesterday, and stumbled upon someone named Paula making the most INSANE southern barbeque. I wanted to climb through the TV and pick up a hank of that carnivore goodness. Probably not what you intended, Veggie Whit, but I am nevertheless hooked.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home