Monday, August 30, 2004

The Olympics closing ceremonies were good stuff last night. I am such a sucker for the pomp and pagentry such as that displayed at the Olympics, and I also totally cop to being taken in by the human-interest stories that they put together for said broadcasts. I kept getting goose bumps during the "Great Moments at the Games" recaps, or when they did the story of Stylianos Kyriakides running the Boston marathon in 1948 to raise awareness of how Greece--embroiled in civil war--was slowly starving to death. They played me, and I'm not afraid to admit it. I was so impressed with the acrobatics and choreography of the Beijing contingent that performed as well--it bodes well for 2008. And now I'm sad that we have to wait 4 years for all that spectacle to come around again! I know...sappy, but true.

I also had no idea that the MTV Video Awards were on last night. For so long they had the show after Labor Day--I remember dreading seeing ads for the show as a kid because I knew that if it was going to air soon, that meant I'd be back in school soon as well--but I guess post 9-11 the timing has changed. I could care less that I missed it, as I almost never watch MTV anymore, although seeing Dave Chappelle as host is pretty enticing. But they'll re-air it a trillion times in the next month, so if I'm desperate, I think I can manage a viewing. Lucky me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home