Tuesday, August 24, 2004

FULL-BODY FOOD JOY

Ohholymacaronijeebusgreatgooglymoogly. Krispy Kreme opened it's newest store in Dupont Circle today. Let us all take a moment for quiet, unbridled happy reflection at the sugar and coffee that awaits us, there, in such proximity! I steered clear during the morning rush, but accompanied Steve and Sonny just now after lunch. OHMYGOD OHMYGOD OHMYGOD. I cannot tell you what a sensory overload it was...the first sweet, heavenly whiff upon crossing the threshold was enough to make my eyes roll back in my head. Then, while I waited on line they give me a free, fresh, hot glazed donut!!!! There was much rejoicing, and happy food dancing. Then, to top that off, I ordered 2 more (Boston Kreme and chocolate iced w/ sprinkles, for those of you keeping score at home). My body won't know what to do with this much refined sugar and bread, but I DON'T CARE. It is my Mecca, and I say thanks and Praise be.

PS--James, c'mon down. I'll be your wingman anytime.

Oh! And there's a whole week of festivities to commemorate the opening. Stop by and you too can join in:

Wednesday: Free coffee samples (DES!)
Thursday: Vote for your favorite Presidential candidate by buying a Red (Shrubya) or Blue (SwiftBoat Kerry) sprinkled donut.
Friday: Jazz happy hour. (wtf, mate?)
Saturday: Kids dip and sprinkle their own donuts at the KK dipping station.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home