Thursday, July 08, 2004

I wanna be a quick change artist, too!

I would never go so far as the say the DC metro is world-renowned for its efficiency, but most of the time it gets me where I want to be when I need to be there, and it's (relatively) clean and safe. Logical, however? Notsomuch. This morning on the Orange line, as we pulled into Foggy Bottom (on a portion of the Orange Line run that shares tracks and stops with the Blue line) the conductress came on the loudspeaker to inform us that we were spontaneously changing from an Orange Line train to a Blue line one, now terminus-bound for Addison Road. Wtf mate? It didn't have any effect on my commute, thankfully, but who makes command decisions like that? Just all part of metro-DC's "run it like a 3rd world country" mentality.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home