Wednesday, May 26, 2004

Well, they got it half right

"24" wrapped up it's third season last night and per yesterday's instructions, they did in fact make moves to get rid of Palmer. Kudos to the dude who played Wayne Palmer--the scene where he has to tell the Prez about Sherry and Julia's murder/suicide but is also simultaneously trying to figure out how to spin the whole thing is some masterful acting. For a Fox action show anyway.

HOWEVER, from what I can see, Spawn shalt be going nowhere anytime soon. Lord help me, I just don't know what to say about her anymore. She brings the show down. Get rid of her. Please.

You could see the Saunders assassination coming from a mile away--snore--but the whole Chase-hand thing was great. I was literally jumping around in my seat. Only criticism is according to the clock, they had Chase in a hospital and in surgery less than 10 minutes after Jack cut off his hand. Um, no. Just....no. Space/time continuum impossibility. Just saying.

My big brainstorm mid-way through the episode was thinking, how great would it be if "Alias" and "24" did some joint episodes?? They both take place in L.A. and I'm sure the writers could come up with something whereby their storylines overlap. I know, different networks, but c'mon...the 2 best action/spy shows out there right now! Just gimme a little byline--small font, in a corner...I'm not fussy--and get Velvet Keifer and Spy Barbie to go fight the good fight together.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home