Wednesday, March 17, 2004

DC's Finest

FINALLY this morning I saw an instance of a cop being at the right place, at the right time. I was about to cross the street at 17th and M when, ahead of me, a car came roaring through the intersection making a left and very, very nearly hit a woman who was in the crosswalk, crossing *with* the light, totally in possession of the right of way. Really, the only thing that saved her was that she saw him and jumped back, but I could tell from the way her jacket pooched in that she definitely came into contact with the front panel of that car. Clearly carrying the luck of the Irish, that one (even though she was Asian, but whatever).

Silver lining? Who should be making that same left turn just after the Sedan Of Death?! A DCPD patrol car. WOOT! Guy had his lights on, sped up, and cut off the SOD in a split second, and I kid you not, the whole intersection of pedestrians (and we're talking about a huge intersection here--each road being 4+ lanes in a busy part of DC's business district) STOPPED AND CHEERED. I guess I'm not the only one who likes watching a-hole drivers get busted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home