Tuesday, January 31, 2006

I live the life of an 80 year-old woman. Frequently for work I'm up at 4 am--which I could justify for rowing but not regularly for toil--which means that I'm WIPED by about 7 pm. Right when most people are getting off work and starting their night, I'm getting ready for bed. ROCK. STAR. For instance, I just had a fun "night" out with Grace, rummaging around Georgetown and window shopping at Lush and Barnes & Noble, but by 6 I was ready to G-O. If I make it to 9 tonight, it'll be a banner evening.

My ho-larious story for today is this: There's a Liberty Tax office close to my house that has decided a good gimmick this tax season is to have a guy dress as the Statue of Liberty, stand in the median on Washington Blvd. and, I guess, attract clients. The poor little guy is pretty pointless and pathetic most days, but today....oy. The wind was gusting 30, 40 mph and he was blowing all over the place. The foam of his outfit was lifting away exposing his body, and he couldn't hold up his torch. It was all he could do to stand up straight. I almost peed my pants when I saw him. You would have too. Don't judge.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home