Thursday, October 27, 2005

The heat is on

Literally. Finally. I don't control the thermostat in my apartment, and the management, as of yesterday afternoon, had yet to turn the heat on despite the fact that it was consistently in the 30s at night for the last week. In my bedroom I have one of those atomic clocks that gives you the temperature, and for the past 2 mornings it's been 55 degrees or colder INSIDE when I woke up.

Allow me to paint you a picture avec les mots: me, fully dressed--long-sleeved t-shirt, sweatshirt, sweat pants, wool socks, SCARF AND HAT--fetal-position curled under sheet, blanket, down comforter and two more blankets. I was colder than a WWII airman popsicle. But mercifully this morning the torment ended and it's now a balmy 68 degrees in my home and I have shed the hat and scarf.

Baby steps towards comfort, but I'll take 'em.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home