Sunday, January 22, 2006

This old grey mare she ain't what she used to be...

I had a full night out last night for the first time in months. Upon learning that Susie would be singing at the Naval Academy, I corralled Suzi, Tom, Z, Clarence and Jonathan (who also just happened to be celebrating his 29th birthday) into accompanying me to Annapolis. We made a whole night of it--dinner at the Rams Head Tavern, then the show, then drinks at Acme Bar & Grill for the birthday boy(s as it turned out--today is Z's 31st). We didn't leave Maryland until after 1 am, and then, plagued with munchies, stopped into Ben's Chili Bowl for 2 am dogs and fries. It was a great night, and that's a sober assessment. I had a couple beers through the evening, but I was driving and so never lost my edge (insert whip noise here). HOWEVER, despite never being even remotely buzzed, I *still* woke up "hung over" this morning. I had a headache and felt out of sorts until I got some Advil and water down my gullet and lazed inert in front of the Sunday political shows for a while. Being out in the smoke and the din, not getting enough sleep...it isn't all it's cracked up to be. I am definitely at the point where home and chill beats out and rowdy and the time I lose recovering from an outing is easily double or triple the actual time spent cavorting--and the resultant productivity loss cripples me with guilt. Today would have been a great day for a run for instance, but the most I could manage was laundry and cleaning and waiting for the playoffs to start.

Sigh...oh well. At least this will make life cheaper. Which is exactly what an old person would say. God help me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home