Wednesday, May 18, 2005

This is what is up

OK, weekend recap, much delayed and without pictures posted. Yeah, sue me.

Friday was *awesome*. Susie couldn't make it to the Nationals game but fortune smiled on us and Christie came into town unexpectedly for a conference, so she snapped up the ticket. Pam and I picked her up the airport and then joined the throng on the metro to RFK. We had decent seats, drank many beers and ate hot dogs, pretzels, and nachos, and watched the Cubs handily take it away from the hometown boys late in the game.

Saturday was the marathon schedule I mentioned before. I sat in serious traffic getting out of D.C.--it took me nearly an hour to get to Lorton for chrissake--but the rest of the trip was uneventful. RHPS was hilarious and silly, and fun to watch with a bunch of teenagers who've seen it more and know more about it than I do. Shelby did my make-up and I didn't look half bad. I also didn't get home until 3 a.m. I am so NOT a rockstar anymore. Sigh.

Sunday was a day of leisure. Pat and I had a lazy breakfast on her patio, then moseyed over to Norfolk to attend the 21st annual Stockley Gardens Spring Arts Festival. So much cool stuff, and every other person had a dog or a baby so my "Awww!" meter was on overdrive. Thank goodness I have the smallest apartment ever though, and cannot buy things because they wouldn't fit. Otherwise I'd have all kindsa new art, stained glass, and wood bowls that I can't afford. We finished out the day at home with margaritas on the patio, watching a massive storm roll in over the marina. I was in bed by 10 and it was SWEET ASS SWEET.

Monday was another lazy morning. I picked up my car (mercifully problem-free) but was disappointed to learn that my excellent mechanic in Va. Beach no longer works at that station. Moreover he has been replaced by a bonafide fucking ASSHOLE and so I will hereafter be taking BD elsewhere. Pat treated me to a pedicure (my toenails look like Chiclets!) and then I got up outta thrrrr and headed to Richmond. Sam, Ryan, and I cooked out (steaks, asparagus, and Pat's homemade Best in the World potato salad). I tried to hang and stay up to watch "Lemony Snickets" with them but didn't have the gas. Plus I got up at 4 a.m. yesterday to drive home, so that had a little something to do with it. Which gets us to

Tuesday. I don't know how people make that commute, from Winchester or Fredericksburg and various other places everyday. I managed to get a day where there was no problem besides the usual volume and it was PACKED and slow and frustrating. Reason #384 why I need a helicopter. But I ended up getting home with ample time to get ready for work, hang out with Christie (what a treat!) and head for an 8:30 dentist appointment. Oy. Your ADD is getting a $530 mouth guard because I clench the jaw in the night. I guess when I sleep my stress level comes into play and I frequently wake up with my face aching. Lovely. So this custom-made dealy (which, to get the molds done, was like biting into 2 fist-sized wads of silly putty. Fun! Sex-ay!) should head that off at the pass. God. Getting older sucks major D in some ways.

And now for the question of the day: has anyone seen a movie at Ballston lately? Last time I did the theaters were small, all on one level (i.e., not stadium-style), and cramped. I wanna catch Sith this weekend and would prefer to go to a close theater but don't want to sacrifice viewing comfort for walkability. Opinions? Anyone?


Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home