Friday, May 13, 2005

I don't usually get into this sort of thing, for various reasons, but this morning I was so gobsmacked by something Tom DeLay said that I have to just vent for a quick moment. In a speech at a fundraising dinner he touted his track record, specifically how he and other conservatives have blocked "partial birth" abortions (HATE that term--total misnomer, but I digress), thereby "protecting unborn children from their pregnant mothers."

WHAT. THE. FUCK?!?!??????

So, are pregnant women now just pods, drone conduits for the creation of babies, that one day might "wake up", go rogue, think for themselves and take independent action regarding their own bodies, health, and lives? That language choice is so inflammatory, so condescending, so myopic, so misogynist and so totally out of touch with common sense, compassion and reality that I cannot wrap my mind around it. What a horrifying, terrifying human being he is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home