Friday, April 08, 2005

Huh. For some reason Blogger is not working through Explorer, but is just fine through Firefox. Who knew (answer: not me, since it ate a post of mine last night. Bastards.)?

Anyway, D.C. is grey and sodden right now as we're passed over by the remnants of the big system that walloped the almighty beJesus out of Mississippi a couple days ago. The main thing I've noticed is that the storm seems to have a lot of sea air mixed in, as the breeze is distinctly tangy with the smell of salt. On the way in this morning I was totally hit with the sensation of being near the ocean and what's more I felt overwhelmed with the urge to curl up in a hammock by the water with a book and a pitcher of mimosas. Alas none of that is meant to be for me today, but man the hankering was STRONG. Sense memories are so astonishing that way.

In other news, I have learned that the way to make yourself popular in the Blogosphere is to post pictures to your site. In the couple weeks since I put up the Italy photographs my visitorship has increased to over 100 hits/day--that's a 400% jump. Granted most of that traffic is from complete strangers who don't speak English who got here via a Google images search, but still. Pretty cool. So if that includes you, welcome to BlogSport, where you will find cranky rants, lengthy discussions of rowing and football, pictures of food and cars, and a fair amount of sarcastic humor. Well, sarcasm at least. I can only hope it's humorous, but that's really up to you, isn't it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home