Monday, February 14, 2005

Happy Valentine's Day!

I'm not a big fan of this holiday, but would be remiss if I didn't wish everyone a lovely day. In the best sense this day would be about expressing your affection to everyone you know and not just a Hallmark holiday. So despite that slightly caustic explanation, to all my friends, happy happy.

I'm enjoying a quiet day at home (I worked Saturday so am off today) and thank goodness because it is rainy and disgusting outside. But the birds in the bushes just outside my window are singing to beat the band, so they must not mind. I'm also laying in wait for the mailman. Why? Story: a few weeks ago a new tenant moved into my building. I met her as she was carrying things in, and we introduced ourselves and chatted. She's great, and we've talked several times since, but I CANNOT REMEMBER HER NAME. And now too much time and interactions have gone by for me to ask. So I hatched the plan to look at some of her mail (our mailboxes are all next to each other in the main hall, sans locks) to see her first name, but she always gets home in the evenings before I do, thus so far no joy. But I'm hopeful that today is the day!! I will, of course, keep you posted.

Back to "Girl with the Pearl Earring." More soon. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home