Monday, November 08, 2004

Sunday re-cap

Briefly: up at 6:30 to go to the boathouse for re-rig post-race, and to clean and store the boats for the winter. You try putting your hands repeatedly into buckets of water in 45 degree weather and see how you feel. Let's just say I won't be doing hand lotion commercials anytime soon. Next, breakfast at Boulevard Wood Grill in Clarendon. NOTE: FUCKING WASHINGTON POST. I checked there to see what time BWG opened for brunch on Sundays, and saw that it was 11:30. So despite being dressed and famished at 10, Mom and I sat in my wee apartment and waited. And waited. And walked over only to discover that in fact they open at 10 on Sundays for brunch. FUCKING FUCK FUUUUUUUUCK. I was seriously so pissed. Do not trust the Post Entertainment guide. AT ALL. EVER. All I'm saying.

Basically the rest of the day need only be summarized thusly: The Redskins FINALLY won. And Clinton Portis threw a touchdown! So much for the great quarterback face-off between Brunell and Ramsey. We are still sucking le D and the lionshare of my mojo is in hibernation, but it was nice to not be nearly apoplectic on a Sunday afternoon. Even if it was only against Detroit. Shut up...don't spoil this for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home