Friday, October 01, 2004

WARNING: THIS SITE MAY CONTAIN EXCESSIVE USE OF CAPITALIZATION

My Irish is up, and I gots shit to say. I'm sure the lions-share of the "screaming" will be about the debate last night, but I will start off with something more immediate:

MY RACE HAS BEEN CANCELLED.

I know!! I cannot begin to tell you how disappointed I am. I got up this morning and went to the boathouse to derig and get the shell on the trailer, only to be greeted by a hastily tacked-up sign by the door: "Due to high water and debris the Head of the Potomac has been cancelled." I, literally, deflated. I felt my body sag in on itself...I couldn't speak for a second, I was so disappointed. I've been looking forward to this, honestly, for a year, because *last* year's HOTPOT was cancelled because of Hurricane Isabel. Plus, I was going to have spectators! Real, live people. There! To see me! I'm not sure how to articulate why this is such a letdown--it's just an amateur weekend race after all, lots like it, many more in my future, etc.--but I am.

Thanks so much to everyone who was going to come watch, and cheer. I have 2 more races this season, so here's hoping they come together.

STOOPID HURRICANES STOOPID RAIN STOOPID POTOMAC WATERSHED STOOPID LOGS-THE-SIZE-OF-BUSES STOOPID BUSH oh wait...that's for later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home