Saturday, October 09, 2004

A quiet Friday night at home

Is not what I had last night. And Yay! for that. Isn't it too funny when you're sure how your day is going to go and by the end of it, it couldn't have been more different? Gone were my tra-la-la errands after work and my long run. Instead I joined Clarence and Jonathan at Claro's work happy hour. He slaves away at a bling bling law firm downtown that shells out for a snazzy get-together for employees and guests! On the 11th floor! With spectacular views! Don't ever underestimate what free beer, spice cake and new faces will do for your attitude. Thanks for the invite, fellas...I hope I didn't embarrass you too much with the table dancing.

I was also trying (and failing) to psych myself up to watch the 2nd debate on my own. I think I've mentioned this, but it bears repeating that I CANNOT STAND to watch things like debates and political interviews or talk shows alone. I get very embarrassed for others VERY easily and frequently change the channel unless there is someone there to vent to or at least compel me not to bogart the remote. I couldn't make it through the Veep debate for this very reason. Anyway, Des and Bry kindly offered to have some peeps over to watch chez them, I went, and I watched the whole thing! Yay me! I won't say much on the exchange itself as 1. trying to articulate my feelings on politics often just makes me feel inexpressibly tired and 2. the dude mentioned in that letter I got irks me soooo much (say it like Madeline Kahn in "Clue" and you'll just about have it) that I'd probably melt the computer trying to type just what I feel. And melted plastic smells like feet. Or so I've heard.

Let's just summarize: an unexpectedly fabulous yet low-key night. I love those.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home