Monday, October 25, 2004

I watched lots of things this weekend, which I need not catalog here, but I will say that I DVRd and re-watched "Innerspace" courtesy of HBO and damn, that is still a great movie. I could not get over how young Dennis Quaid and Meg Ryan looked! He is aging beautifully. She? Notsomuch. But I don't bring it up to be catty. I bring up the movie because it was one of the great flicks of my younger years and it holds up pretty well over time. I was astonished to recognize actors who went on to be in things I know and love in what was clearly one of the first big breaks of their career. Such as Robert Picardo, later of China Beach, The Wonder Years, and Star Trek: Voyager fame. Or Joe Flaherty, who will always be Mr. Weir (Freaks & Geeks) to me. Not to mention Andrea Martin whom most of us know from "My Big Fat Greek Wedding" and/or "Hedwig and the Angry Inch". Seeing Martin Short also makes me wonder: WHERE IS MY JIMINY GLICK MOVIE?!!

One thing I did NOT see was Ashlee Simpson's SNL fiasco. But Steve of course has it available here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home