Monday, October 11, 2004

I let this go for too long

And now I want to chronicle various things from the weekend and I feel overwhelmed by "where to start?" Too bad I don't know how to put bullets into a blogger post; then I'd just make this like a power point presentation. Because those are SO interesting. :P

Point 1: I hooked up some super cheap ($3/game, $2.50/brewskie) bowling at Ft. Myer on Saturday night. And not just any bowling: Glow Bowling. It was every frat boys blacklight fantasy come true, with neon paintings on the walls and the MOST inappropriate hip hop music. The lanes (the government, federal, MILITARY, tax-payer funded lanes) were blasting some of the raunchiest offerings evah. Thing is, this is a family joint, folks. Three lanes over from us there were 2 adorable girls, both 4 or younger (and PS using a handy-dandy elevated ramp to get some velocity on their bowling balls. The cuteness? Not to be believed.) having a blast with their families, all the while enswirled by lines like "I'm gonna have your clothes off by the end of this song." And that lyric was among the more tame. I'm telling you, Des and I exchanged so many "No they di'n't!" looks throughout the night it was like telepathy by the end. Nevertheless, we had a really good time, and I hope you'll indulge me in a wee detail: on the third game (after bowling pretty abysmally to start) I beat everyone except Dave with a lifetime high score of 125. I so wish my 8th grade gym teacher could have seen that. I forced Bry to take a picture of the scorecard with his camera phone but I don't think I'll be able to put it up here on the 'Sport. It'll just have to live in my memoreeeeee...

Point 2: The Skins are really fucking pissing me off. THIS is why I was *cautiously* optimistic. Because the team just has a way of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory and finding the suck with both hands. Adam and I are contemplating suing the team for pain and suffering, because the hope we feel before each came followed by the seemingly now-inevitable disappointment are more than we can bear. I should be clear and say that these comments are directed with laser beam intensity only at the offense. The defense (until the 4th quarter, then it got a little mushy) was spectacular, as usual, and in my opinion has every right to turn to the offense and BEAT THE EVER-LOVING HELL OUT OF THEM. Oh wait: the other teams are already doing that. Sweet and holy Jesus.

Point 3: The weather is astonishing. This is primetime Doss weather, and it's perfect for running and the leaves are starting to change and it's ideal snuggly-cozy sleep weather and have I mentioned that IloveFallsomuchohmygah?!

Point 4: Oh no. So sad. I actually find it really hard to watch his movies in the years since the accident, but this is much worse. Now I feel awful because I mentioned jokingly on Steve's blog last week (after he made a post about Rodney Dangerfield) that with him plus Janet Leigh, and these things usually happening in threes, who was next? Yeah, I suck, and I feel badly about that. All the more reason for there not to be a remake of Superman, IMO. Show some respect, people!

Point 5: There really is no point five, because I don't think anyone wants to hear about the archeology stuff I did today or the DVR shows I'm going to watch tonight because there's a West Wing marathon on today and so I'm Mrs. Josh Lyman for the rest of the day, or...um. I lost you, like, 2 paragraphs ago, didn't I?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home