Friday, October 15, 2004

As Prodigy likes to say, "Breathe with me"

Because I need to calm down a bit. My famille Republicana sent yet another email salvo this morning, with the subject line: Confused? It is the most inane litany of Clinton facts juxtaposed against Bush facts. OK, 1. Clinton isn't running for President right now. Why are we comparing the two? Is he meant to represent ALL Democrats? Or all Democratic presidents? Because if that's true then I pick Franklin Roosevelt to be the representative of all Dems stacked up next to W. Let's see that email get sent around and see who wins. Also, the stuff that they chose to put up as X vs. Y are TOTALLY incongruous. For instance:

Clinton commits felonies while in office - good...
Bush lands on aircraft carrier in jumpsuit - bad...


What do those have to do with each other?? And do you honestly mean to sit there and tell me that Bush has done NOTHING illegal, unethical, or immoral during his tenure?! There are other choice bits like:


Clinton awards Halliburton no-bid contract in Yugoslavia - good...
Bush awards Halliburton no-bid contract in Iraq - bad...

Clinton spends 77 billion on war in Serbia - good..
Bush spends 87 billion in Iraq - bad...


The slight of hand used to manipulate these facts and figures STAGGERS ME. Not that, at this point, I'm surprised to see outright lying and self-delusion, but the cojones on these sons of bitches really floors me. And scares the hell out of me. I read another blog yesterday that said "BUSH: Four more years. For more fears." Ex-fucking-zactly.

See? Told you...need to calmy calm. I need to bring it back to indoor-voice levels. And I'm not saying anything here that I wouldn't say to my family-- although I tend to just let these emails slide, hit "delete" and go on with my day--but this one (which we've all seen before) just got to me. Lying liars.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home