Monday, September 20, 2004

Hero

By now I'm sure that most everyone has seen at least the trailer(s) and I hope the film, so I'll proceed on the assumption that you know what I'm talking about when I say this movie was RILLY RILLY GOOD. Annie and I hooked up a matinee on Sunday at Potomac Yards (where the trailer for "The Grudge" scared the pee out of me yet *again*) and whooo wee was that a darn fine film. Every scene could be frozen into an amazing still portrait. The scenery is astonishing (although who knew it was so perpetually windy in China?) and while I don't know the specific meanings to the choices, each scene features a signature color and is hyper-infused with the selected red, yellow, blue, green, etc. It's like "Amelie" meets "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon." BAD ASS fight scenes, y'all. Very, very strong female characters. Striking costumes--the king's heavy leather armor astounded me...you could hear it creaking every time he moved!! Details...god is in the details. It's one of those that must be seen on the big screen to be appreciated. That bad boy on IMAX would have me falling out of my chair.

Now my mission for this week? Collateral.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home