Tuesday, August 17, 2004

Back in El Saddle-o (tm Myrna and Smirna)

Stitches, smitches, I rowed again this morning. Man, a week off was enough for me to feel a bit off my game (i.e. tiring earlier than usual) but I also pushed pretty hard, so excited was I to be on the water again. The Potomac was like glass...nary a wave or ripple to be had. Plus no wind to speak of, and a good rowing partner made for a PHAT day out. Lately we've been heading south from the boathouse, so I'm going under the Woodrow Wilson bridge several times a week, with a good close-up view of the construction. I have no idea what I'm looking at, mind you, but it all seems impressive enough.

Oh, and no, I haven't managed to see any of the rowing at the Olympics. StOOpid TV coverage...when they tell me rowing will be on "sometime between 12-6" that's pretty damn vague. I kept trying to see it on Sunday and came away with beach volleyball and gymnastics for my trouble. Don't fret, though--I'll make sure I see the world's best athletes rocking steady on that shite lake the Greeks rigged up for the Games.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home