Monday, July 26, 2004

Desiree Sullivan?
 
Yep.  I'm late on the Wedding Weekend Recap bandwagon, so that's the best I can do.  I am in a serious mental muddle as the activities of Friday and Saturday nights catch up with me.  I keep thinking I'll be with-it enough to give a witty, meaty post but the later it gets in the day the more I realize, nope, that ain't happenin'.  So you take what you can get.

First, the weekend was SO fun.  Not a moment of it was ill-spent and my only complaint is that it passed too quickly.  Second, everyone looked amazing.  We have turned into some FINE looking adults who clean up very well.  Kristin will be posting pictures soon (and yes, there was a bachelorette party repeat and I am in far too many pictures, but so are other people so hush).  Third, there were some major rockstars among the guests like Christie and her husband Stefan who drove all the way down from Connecticut on Saturday and turned around and drove right back on Sunday.  Grace did the same from NYC.  Many people hadn't been back in town/on campus since we graduated in 1998 and the nostalgia and pretty much pure joy made for a very special night.  Fourth, the wedding, clothing, details, orchestration, and atmosphere were flawless.  The whole thing seemed to come off without a hitch, the bride and groom were radiant and in the moment and also good-naturedly kept up with all the sorry drunk bastards who turned out to drink from the open bar.  Fifth, I did not get to talk to everyone I had hoped to, having to content myself instead with quick but heartfelt "Hello!"s to the likes of Clarence and Jonathan, Zack and Jenny, James and Nathalie, Ben and Christine and Rees and Katie.  It's the double-edged sword of a friend-packed event like this: so many excellent people, so little time to chat.  Sixth, the Martins make the best knock-you-on-your-ayse punch this side of the Mississippi.  Damn shame about them being Yankees though.  Seventh and finally, our swing through Richmond for lunch with BGW was exactly the capstone needed for the weekend.  Too bad it took us another 3 hours to get home though.  Why do drivers lose they minds when it rains?

Good times...good times....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home