Monday, June 07, 2004

South Beach was just a place in Miami this weekend because I strayed off of that food plan something *fierce.* Friday night I saw "Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban" and indulged in soda and candy during the show. Then Saturday was the much-planned, highly-anticipated surprise bachelorette party for Desiree in Williamsburg (total success, btw--she had no idea but had a blast). I had, in order: a regular with slaw and hush puppies at Pierce's Pit BBQ; a Julie at Paul's; Combos; blackberry pancakes, biscuits and gravy, and sausage at Cracker Barrel; Jelly Bellies from Wythe's candy; 2 tuna w/ provolone and sprouts on whole wheat (to GO! I ate one for dinner and the other is for today--I swear) from the Cheese Shop; and a chocolate malt from Baskin Robbins.

And did I mention THE BEER? Or the shots? Or the Hurricane 40?

I put more into my body in a 24-hour period than I had in the whole week preceding, it seemed. I am stuffed to the gills, and not a little disgusted with myself, but at the same time I was so frigging happy to let go and indulge to the point of lunacy. Not just to get away from the not-unsatisfying but still very regimented food plan I've been on for 2 months, but also just to steep myself in all the sensory associations that I have from William and Mary.

Food and drink make me so happy.

It's too bad that it's so much easier to be unhealthy than it is to be healthy, and usually I strike the balance well enough, but this weekend I let go and wouldn't have had it any other way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home