Monday, May 03, 2004

The Sasser Worm hit SAIS on Saturday. It was my day to be head honcho at the library (read: a warm body in the big chair) and around 4:10 the computer that controls ALL of the public printing functions began to freak out. I spent an hour on the phone w/ our tech guy to no avail, and finally just decided to put up the "Out of Order" signs.

The wrinkle? It's finals. Everyone and their mother was in printing study guides, research, or papers. You wanna see angry? Tell a stressed-out grad student that they're gonna have to go to Kinko's to print their 4 papers that are due on Monday.

I didn't know it was a worldwide infection at the time, but I feel quite cosmopolitan to be in on it. I think the trendy factor made the kids feel better. Definitely.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home