Saturday, July 12, 2008

I should have done this sooner but somehow the last week got away from me, but considering how much I've made y'all listen to my bitching about it I think it only fair to share with you that I took my last class for graduate school on 2 July and am, now and forever, DONE. I still have to write my thesis (which I'll regale you with for the next few months) but I will never again sit in a classroom, take a test, do homework, or write a paper [that I'm not getting paid for]. There were times when I really wanted to quit (although knew I never would) but in the midst of complaining about it several of you were my cheerleaders and comfort-givers, and for that I am eternally grateful. You know who you are.

In other news, I'm back into rowing!! I just finished my first practice in almost three years and it was great. I was a bit panicked at first, but muscle memory takes over and I got into the swing of it quickly. I made some boo-boos--and will no doubt be mega sore for the next couple days--but it felt *fantastic*. One of the first things I've done totally for myself in a long time.

2 Comments:

At 12/7/08 08:01 , Blogger K said...

Yay, congratulations on all fronts, girl!

 
At 13/7/08 05:36 , Blogger xolondon said...

Last week I drove by your school while on the way to get donuts. Meanwhile you are not going to school anymore and rowing. What is this inverse life we are leading?

Congratulations ladayyy!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home