Thursday, June 05, 2008

Today would have been my parents' 50th wedding anniversary. They got married the day after my dad graduated from the Naval Academy and within a few hours of the ceremony were packed into their new car and heading for the West coast and my dad's first duty station. I find myself thinking of them, and that time in their lives, as I prepare for my own wedding under drastically different circumstances. Well, except for the marrying a naval officer thing. :) I just talked to my mom to see how she was fairing on this poignant day. She had just finished drinking a glass of champagne, celebrating the milestone. Even though Dad isn't here in person, he still pervades our family so thoroughly, and it made me glad to hear pride and a smile in mom's voice as much as anything else. I agree with her--she's been Mrs. Doss for almost 3 times as long as she was Miss H. Pretty awesome model to follow, if you ask me.

Happy Anniversary Mom and Dad!
Love,
Anne

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home