Tuesday, September 19, 2006

James Lipton is 80...

...and other things you've been waiting to hear from me

Seriously, 80?! That kinda shocks me, but it also does explain why he looks so plastic and painted on Inside the Actors Studio.

In other big news, yes, I am still here. It's not that I've run out of pithy things to say, or that I don't still experience great moral outrage from time to time (case in point: what the FUCK is up with wearing high heels and knee-length shorts?!) it's just that I have no free time of any sort any more. I went back to grad school the day after Labor Day and it is kicking my ever-loving Irish Catholic ass. The sheer volume of the reading is enough to make anyone go cross-eyed, not to mention the general logistical hassles of working full time and going to school 2 nights a week. I just keep repeating the quelling mantra: You did this to yourself....

That means that since we last spoke I haven't done a whole lot that would interest anyone, other than spending a few precious moments with Kristin while she was home for a week and going out to Adam's Morgan for the first time in, oh probably 3 or 4 years, on Friday. And now I'm all stocked up for another 1/2 decade. Ah, efficiency. In my life of academically-impelled spinsterhood I have 2 things on the "oooh, lookie" list--the Grey's Anatomy premier on Thursday and running the Navy 5-miler on Sunday--and that is all, my friends.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have a date with the laundry and a fella named Nye. Ssssssst-HOT!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home