Wednesday, February 16, 2005

WARNING: It's tremendous pride, but it may come off like bragging

I got an email from my family this morning with news that my eldest brother, Steve, will be promoted to full Colonel (USAF) in March and will resume full active-duty status for a 4-year term and a new assignment to Scott AFB, Illinois. Specifically, he will be

"...Reserve Advisor to the commander of Eighteenth Air Force. 18 AF is the numbered Air Force that manages 54,000 active duty Air Mobility Command personnel. During wartime it is augmented with nearly 45,000 Reservists. It is charged with tasking and executing all air mobility missions. All AMC wings and groups based in the continental United States report to the 18th Air Force, as well as two expeditionary mobility task forces, the 15th EMTF at Travis AFB, Calif., and the 21st EMTF at McGuire AFB, N.J., and their subordinate air mobility operations groups at Travis AFB; McGuire AFB; Hickam AFB, Hawaii; and Ramstein Air Base, Germany. The Tanker Airlift Control Center, located at Scott AFB, also reports to the 18th Air Force and serves as the organization’s air operations hub, planning and directing tanker and transport aircraft operations around the world."

Of course you guys know me and in my world this is HUGE. But I'm also just so SO proud of my big brother and so happy that he's getting a chance to use his many talents and to be recognized for his hard work. I hope you'll trust my biased opinion when I say that, especially now, we need people like him on our side.

Congratulations and love, to Colonel Doss.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home