Sunday, October 03, 2004

Girl Scout motto

Actually, I don't have any idea what the hell that might be, as I never got past Brownies, but I'm going with the whole "be prepared" thing, so roll we me, aiight people? On the metro just now I noticed an ad for DC Text Alerts in times of emergencies. So I googled the Virginia version, and sure enough, Arlington County has the service for those who live or work in the county. You can precise it so that you get information specific to the neighborhoods you live/work in (so that, for example, you don't get texts everytime someone is shot in SE) or have it kept simple with only emergencies and traffic, but not weather, etc. I immediately got messages showing that my registration went through, so we'll see how effectual or helpful this is. I was pretty impressed to see how plugged in the municipal governments are though. ...No, it doesn't take much with me, this is true.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home