Wednesday, August 04, 2004

Maybe my X-name should be "Chiro"

Not to be confused w/ "Pyro" or "Cairo"...it has a nice ring, if you ignore that I know nothing about bones other than that they hold up our skin. Anyway, as I mentioned I went to mine yesterday. Normally I go to her Dupont Circle office but for some reason she is temporarily ONLY working out of her office in Southeast. While her office near me caters more to professionals who come in during their workday, her office in SE seems more to have a community-outreach feel. The SE office has lots of religious paraphernalia strewn about, and pictures of prominent African Americans and information on AA organizations (NAACP, UNCF, etc).

When I walked into the packed waiting room yesterday one of the first things I saw was an enormous man with his feet immersed in a tub of what looked to be bright green mud. Well, not looked to be--it WAS bright green mud. Apparently one of the most popular treatments at the SE office is organic foot baths that purport to release toxins and boost immunity, stimulate power centers in the brain, etc. All very homeopathic, not to mention biblical. The brochure encouraging patients to get this treatment finishes by quoting the Bible passage about Jesus and the washing of the feet. Hmm.

BUT, the best thing about mud dude was that he was a FULL ON QUEEN. He wasn't in his drag, but he was talking a blue streak about it, and his performance that night. I heard many uses of the words "fierce" and "girlfriend." He had a high, almost falsetto voice totally at odds with his physique, and anyone could spot the immaculate wax job he had had done on his eyebrows. Even without his gear it was clear to me that he was a she in the best sense. I wish I knew where she got her groove on; that is a show I would pay good money to see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home