Tuesday, March 30, 2004

"Anne was a rolling stone...wherever she laid her hat was her home...."

As most of you know, I have spent the last month moving. I had leases on 2 apartments for the month of March, which on the one hand was not financially fabulous but logistically made my life much easier, as I just schlepped a carload of stuff between the places as I had time. Super shout out to BD, my Hidalgo (see March 16th post), who as usual held up like a champ for all the back and forth. His trunk is still stuffed with things that I'm either taking to store at my mom's or going to try and sell. He puts up with so much from me. That's my dawg!

And now, at long last, the move is done. A huge, monstrous, heartfelt, and "I couldn't have done it without you" THANK YOU to Kristin, Marv, Des, and especially Bryan who provided the necessary transportation to haul my big furniture hither and yon. We loaded, drove, and unloaded in under an hour. That is some skill, my friends. Last night put the nail in the coffin of the gypsy ways, as I did the final walk-through and turned over the keys to the winter house to my c-razy ex-landlord. Peace out [expletive deleted].

So far I've met two neighbors--Damian and Paul--and have heard someone's pet bird twittering, as well as a cat? scrambling at break-neck speed across the upstairs tenant's hard wood floors. Seriously, it sounds like this animal is running from "I will NOT testify in public" Condi herself. Yeah. You know the pix I mean.

I'm sure many stories will be forthcoming about all the ha'nens chez moi. Stay tuned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home