Friday, June 11, 2004

Ghost town

With all the Feds and DC government employees (and various other businesses--Des and National Geographic, I'm looking at YOU) having the day off in honor of Ronnie McGipperton the metros and streets of the city are empty. It gives me the feeling that I've made a mistake and come in to work on a Saturday, which, as you all know, is a very pleasant sensation. meh. I am wholly and thoroughly ready for us to stop talking about this man and his legacy and his kids and his wife. I will say, though, that I feel great sympathy for Nancy at the moment. She is old, and frail, and has been watching him deteriorate for a decade, and now has been paraded across the continent for the better part of a week. Grieving is an exhausting process anyway, but to do it on stage over the course of several days?? I cannot imagine. The historian in me wants to catch a glimpse of the motorcade on its way to the Cathedral this morning (I *think* they're passing very close to where I work) but the lazy hooch in me supercedes and so if I can't see it by looking out the window, chances are it ain't ha'nin'.

And again....sniff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home